F. E. Myers, and Bros., was founded in 1870 by Francis and Philip Myers in Ashland, Ohio. They designed and built the first double acting pump which pumped water on both the up and down strokes. They also built hay tools and door hangers.
They are probably best known for their pumps, and many of the older pumps still survive. The first family of Myers pumps were reciprocating types: "Bulldozer" shallow well, high capacity pumps; "Working Head" deep well reciprocating pumps; and "High Pressure" industrial pumps. In the 1930s, the first jet pumps were designed. Submersibles were introduced in the 1950s. In the late 1960s, Myers began to manufacture their own design submersible motors.’ In later years the company was also building equipment for wastewater removal and industrial pumping systems. The Myers family sold the business in 1960 to the McNeil Corporation of Akron, Ohio. In 1986 Pentair, Inc. of St. Paul, Minnesota purchased Myers where they are now part of this corporation's water products group.
Include Motor Century Electric Co., Single Phase Electric Motor
March 15, 1921
Serial # C9890
History of Century Electric Co.
This maker of electric motors was in business by 1910. By the late 1970s they were owned by Gould Inc., and motors were labeld "Gould/Century". By 1993 the name was Magnetek Century Electric, Inc.